E-Rate is a federal program that provides funding assistance to schools and libraries for telecommunications, internet access, infrastructure, and maintenance/support. The program is formally titled "The Schools and Libraries Program of the Universal Service Fund" and Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) administers the program under the direction of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). To learn more about the program, please visit the USAC Schools and Libraries website.
BRAINATION will accept proposals for FY2020 from January 14, 2022, through March 1, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. CST. We will accept proposals by mail, hand delivery, or email.
Please see the request for proposals for complete details.
Schedule of Events
- RFP/470 Release Date - January 14, 2022
- E-Rate Pre-Bid Conference - January 25, 2022
- Deadline for Site Surveys - February 28, 2022
- Deadline for Questions - March 1, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
- Proposal Submission Deadline - March 1, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
Please contact Director of Technology Charles Winkler via email with any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will the district allow to us to provide separate pricing for additional non-ERate eligible options?
- How many existing, active ACL and Web Content Filter rules need to be transferred to the new appliance?
Please provide a list of equipment to be covered under basic maintenance.
See FCC form 470 for specifics of equipment to be covered under basic maintenance.Back to Top
How many years of licensing/support should be included in the proposal?
What is the anticipated maximum number of concurrent IP connections?
This will vary depending on the equipment attached to the device.
Will the district allow to us to provide separate pricing for additional non-ERate eligible options?
Are remote or onsite installation services required?
How many existing, active ACL and Web Content Filter rules need to be transferred to the new appliance?
Can you please advise? Originally there was an RFP associated with this 470. It is no longer included on form 470. Is the RFP still valid? The due date on the RFP states March 1, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. The due date on the 470 is February 11, 2022.Back to Top